MSM3: The Love Rescuer
January 21, 2011 in Uncategorized
MEET SOMEONE MAGNIFICENT
STEP 3: The Love Rescuer
During the Apollo 15 lunar mission astronaut Jim Irwin stood on the moon looking at a most awesome sight. It was the earth! Overwhelmed, he thought: More amazing than man walking on the moon was that God had walked on the earth.
Here’s how the apostle John said it: “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.”
The Father sent his Son to be your Rescuer, so that if you hold on to him you will not be lost, you won’t perish. Jesus is the most astonishing figure of history. Think about this:
1. Jesus showed us what God is really like. He said that he and the Father were one; anyone who had seen him had seen the Father! The Bible says that Jesus was the exact representation of the Father. If you want to know what God is like, look at Jesus in the Bible. He is God’s Son.
2. Jesus binds up the broken-hearted and sets captives free. He heals people, forgives their sins, and breaks the power of evil in their lives. He is the one who has good news for the poor, who comforts all who mourn, and gives beauty and praise instead of ash-heap lives of despair. Jesus can change your life and set you free from bondage if you say ‘Yes’ to him.
3. Jesus said that eternal life is found in knowing the Father and his Son. If you want life now and forever, say ‘Yes’ to Jesus.
4. Jesus said he was the only way to the Father. “I am the way, and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” If you want to find the way home, say ‘Yes’ to Jesus. Turn around now.
5. Jesus fills people with the Holy Spirit. “If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink… By this he meant the Spirit.” What’s impossible in our weakness, God can do by his Spirit. Ask him to fill you now.
Step 3 is accepting the Rescuer – Jesus – as your only hope of salvation. love and destiny. Pilate asked the hostile crowd what he should do with Jesus. They shouted “Away with him! Crucify him!” They said ‘No’. Can you say ‘Yes’ to Jesus now? He can salvage your life.